About Me

I'm just someone struggling against my own inertia to be creative. My current favorite book is "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bouncy Pixelly Creature

This makes me happy.
Pixels make me happy.

Thus, I wanna make a bouncy pixely creature person thing, made from good ol fashioned homegrown pixels, CSS sprites, and javascript. But the road would not be easy going.

Step #1.

Design, using pencils, the creature that I want to create

Step #2.

Break the thing down into seperate individual movable body parts, that can be animated

Step #3.

Model the parts in 3D and render from all angles that will be visible, 360 degrees around, above and below at some reasonable interval, (say, 8*8?)

Step #4.

Trace over the renders to give the parts some hand drawn pixelly juice.

Step #5.

create dom elements for each body part.
create javascript routines to move a body part to any arbitrary on screen coordinate, and switch the frame to any arbitrary frame in its body party category.

Step #6.

Create springs for each limb

Step #7.

Figure out how ventrella did the upright stance for his creatures. Creatures need balance!

No comments: